Sunday, December 14, 2008

Years ago, I was sitting in my favorite watering hole late one night...I drew up my succession from the US and formed my own rudimentary country. In my current disgust, I officially announce the resurrection of my nation- "Absurdistan."

My territory: my house and immediate yard up to, and a few inches beyond, my fence, and steps leading to the street. I own all the ground beneath me all the way to the other side of the Earth, and I own a zone of atmosphere reaching up into outer space, and beyond. I claim as my personal property 'Marie Byrd' land, in Antarctica. I also claim all international waters, the contents of said waters, and the ocean floor and all mineral rights there of. I'm willing to share the Moon with the UN nations, but Mars is mine. I also claim the great asteroid belt, and several of Jupiter's and Saturn's moons, specifically Europa and Titan plus a few smaller ones. While I'm at it, I claim Venus...and several other dimensions of time/space.

I am automatically the wealthiest man on Earth.

Any/all taxes that I might pay are now considered to be "foreign aid."

My front porch is now the customs office and gate- feel free to visit my nation, tourists are welcome ( bring your passport ). Strict border controls are in effect- no importation of potted meat, grand piano's, or walruses, is allowed.

My model rocket kit, if I can find it, plus some old fireworks I own, will from now on be considered to be the beginning of my national space program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home