Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Before there were none...then one room. Then two more... then the mansion materialized like a mirage...suddenly one became two. Two homes for the price of none...up top in my eagles nest, open the window, a plank goes out...two homes for the price of none....a pirate plank bridges the gap; now I revel in double barreled bliss and leisure. A deck, a tower... I keep watch over the city. How many crimes have I thwarted? How many?...I often tread where two or three cops fear to go...
From my perch inside these two towers, the light fades but grows still. Mercury, sulfur and salt, the prime matter, four elements guided by heat and the cold, by the wet and the dry. I move electrons around and turn lead into gold. If only you knew, if the city knew, they would burn me out Frankenstein-style; their jealousy would burn them up into a crisp; their sordid ahses would float past me in my two chosen, stolen, towers.
My bane, she waits for me... at weeks end; a desire on fire, A tryst with a sweet treat, oh how the city would turn, oh how the elders would rage and burn... I gloat.. my secret makes me coast...she waits for me, bejeweled and blonde, a dusky gem in the rough of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home