Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tips on how to live to be 100

1. live on the second floor
2. be married
3. be spiritual and attend church, temple, etc., on a regular basis (or have a great purpose)
4. dont run for president (see how they age?)
5. have a high income and dynamite health insurance
6. live in a 1st. world environment/country, preferably in a smaller, somewhat rural community
7. Dont worry too much
8. eat lots of fresh, raw vegetables
9. get medical exams on a regular basis- you better like your physician !
10. work to improve the overall health of the world ( if you are going to stick around awhile, you dont want to live on a nightmare planet)
11. get your aerobic excercise, but dont overdo it (careful about harming your ankles and knees!)
12. dont kill yourself

2 Comments:

Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I can agree with number 12--your "Don't kill yourself" suggestion, as well as "Don't become president" because yes, they age quite visibly during their terms in office. I am also a fan of raw vegetables myself. However, marriage is great, but honestly, I don't think you "need" it to live to be 100. Marriage doens't always enhance your life, and to feel the need to be married many times makes you a less than desireable partner. To be honest, it seems the best partners out there are those who acknowledge they can make it on their own (Mary Tyler Moore style) and if marriage isn't in the cards for them, they can still live to be 100.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Wow, I think I break a lot more of these rules then I care to admit.

I don't live on the second floor.
I worry too much.
I don't eat lots of fresh, raw vegetables.
I don't get much aerobic exercise.
I'm slowly killing myself by eating junk foods and doing things I should not be doing.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home